The World Air Quality project might look big, but it is actually a small and motivated team who is doing the work. Even though we are already busy every day maintaining the project, there are many things that we still want to achieve:
- Open Data Platform for accessign real-time and historical Air Quality Data
- World Ensemble forecast modeling
- Statistical and deep learning based data facts
- Researching new accurate sensors for gas pollutants
- New visualization solutions for the real-time observations and forecast
- API for accessing the real-time observations and forecast
- Time travel Machine - for seeing the air quality at any day back in time
- Applications for i-phone, Windows 10, etc..
- Health effect of sulfur dioxide for area close to volcanic mountains
- Ultra fine particles (PM1) - are they more dangerous than PM2.5 and is it worth measuring them.
- CO2 - is it an outdoor air pollutant, a climate warmer or an indoor pollutant?
- Indoor Air Quality - what are the pollutant to be aware of?
- As well as the translations to new languages
If you would like to contribute with your own time, then welcome to the team. We do believe a motivated team is much more inspiring than money, and we do value contribution from the real citizens.
If you are part of a larger organization, and you would like to support the project financially, then what about getting one of our GAIA Air Quality monitoring stations and starting to monitor the Air Quality in your area?