The above prediction is based on composite meta model, computed using several Air Quality Forecasting Systems (AQFS):
- The MACC2 ("Monitoring Atmospheric Composition and Climate") near-realtime surface ensemble forecast ,
by the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF).
- The irCELine (Belgian Interregional Environment Agency) for the Belgian Regions.
- The LCSQA (Laboratoire Central de Surveillance de la Qualité de l’Air) for France.
- The RIVM (Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu) for the Netherlands.
- The SILAM (System for Integrated modeLling of Atmospheric coMposition) for Northen Europe.
- The EURAD (EURopean Air Pollution Dispersion) for Central Europe.
The above map is based on the PM2.5
surface level modeling, and colors are following the US EPA AQI standard
The map is computed and updated daily. It is also available for the Asian
continent as well as for the whole world
For more information about how the Air Quality forecast works, you can check our article on a visual study of wind impact of PM2.5 concentration